Sunday, June 10, 2018

College Apartment Tour: Kitchen


In November I was lucky enough to secure a great job after graduation.  For my first year, I will be moving to Philadelphia.  I am extremely excited to start this new chapter, but I am going to miss Chicago and my college apartment.   It was a fantastic place to call my home for the last two and a half years.  I will miss doing my homework in my breakfast nook at night and trying new Ina Garten recipes.  Here is a tour around this kitchen that has a lot of great memories!


Before I moved into my apartment, I was scrolling through Pinterest and saw all of these beautiful kitchens with breakfast nooks.  Since this kitchen is on the smaller side, I decided to have one in mine.  All of the premade ones I could find had benches that would have covered the windows, so I came up with the idea to use these benches from IKEA instead.  I love how it turned out.


The pillows on the bench were found at Walmart.  I have found that a lot of the decor items in my place were found at the weirdest places and most random times.


These chairs were an amazing CraigsList find by my Dad.  He was able to buy both of these chairs for $5 dollars (Yes total, not each!).  He spray-painted them pink to make them look more updated.



This jar set was from Target and I added fake flowers from Michaels.



This cubed shelf is my Mom's favorite thing in my entire apartment.  It has been a great way to display my mug collection and my apron.  I found the metal M photo walking down the street laying outside of a trash can.  Since my name starts with an M, I figured it was fate and took it home with me.





In this corner of the room I have a piece of artwork that I made in high school that my mom framed. I love that this apartment had color in every nook and cranny.  No matter what was going on during my day, I knew that I could come back to this bright apartment and have a bright and beautiful space to go home to.  I am so fortunate for my father for drilling every single thing into my walls and making every piece of IKEA furniture, and my mother for always offering her ideas (since she is the interior design guru) and sending me pictures of things she found at Target or HomeGoods asking if I wanted to add it to my home.  I cannot think of living anywhere else during my college career, and this apartment will have a special place in my heart forever.

Please check out the other posts in this apartment:
Living Room
Bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment